October 9, 2007

Airbrushed Fall Bouquet

Does this stamp look familiar? I think I've used this Lockhart Bouquet stamp for every season possible and I just love it. This card has no sentiment on the outside and I did that intentionally so that it can used for a get well, birthday, congratulations, thinking of you, etc. type of card. I like to keep a few of those in my stash basket because it always seems that I'll need a get well card but have mostly thank you cards. I can go back in later and stamp a sentiment on the inside if I want to. The base card is made from SU! Cranberry Crisp and the scallop mat is Morning Marigold. Patterned paper is from Bo Bunny, I believe. If you zoom in on the photo, you'll see a border type stamp. This is one of Karen Lockhart's new millinery border stamps and you can find them HERE at Ellen's store. They add the perfect border down the side of a card, could be used on the focal image of cards and work great along the bottom of envelopes too.

Now for the main image. I stamped the Bouquet image on Paptertrey Ink white cardstock and colored it in with Copic markers. I wanted somewhat of a muted look, so I held the sketch tip of my markers on the card stock and let them bleed out a little bit. You can especially notice this on the red berries. I used a green marker for the spaces that were in between all the leaves and flowers and berries to fill in some color also. I topped off the flowers with some shimmery gold color from a Copic Spica Glitter Pen. My image still seemed a little stark on the white card stock so I grabbed a Copic marker and the Copic Air Brushing System and just sprayed some color directly around the bouquet. It's just some random spritzes here and there, and I made sure to leave some of the white space around the edge of the card. I didn't want full coverage from the air brushing. I think cut and embossed the main image with an oval Spellbinder's Die Template and then matted the main image twice.......on a regular cut SB oval and then a cut and embossed scallop SB oval. I love how all the layers look nice and clean and fit together so nicely.......or should I say *nest* together since the dies are called Nestabilities. Two antique brads finish off the main image.

9 comments:

Alex said...

Very pretty card - love this! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Heather Huggins said...

WOW!! This is really pretty...

Bethany Paull said...

How pretty. I finally ordered my first set of Nestablities (all the circles). Can't wait to give them a try.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I've ordered the Nestabilities...can't wait to get them!

Charmingdesigns said...

Boy! am I ever glad I just ordered the oval SB. Your color combo is beautiful. LOVE IT! Laurie

Alley said...

I really have to get an airbrush now! I love the look on this so sophisticated. I wish I was as talented! TFS

Rose Ann said...

Your card is stunning, Michelle!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW, Mish! This card is just fabulous, and I love your Halloween cupcakes too--how incredibly clever!

Jennah said...

Wow!! Card is looking really so cute and beautiful... Flowers design is just fabulous!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails