December 22, 2007

Hot Peach Jam Gifts

You might remember this post where I talked about making Hot Peach Jam.


Well I got out those jam jars again and am using them for neighbor gifts. I had to laugh at my husband last night because when the neighbors came over with their usual cracker and cheese assortment and a bottle of wine, Eric said *time for the annual cracker exchange*. LOL, he's right...seems we always do some kind of goodies and crackers!! So this year it was my Hot Peach Jam along with a sleeve of crackers and a block of cream cheese. Instant appetizers for those long winter afternoons or when unexpected company arrives.
This year I added in my awesome Cocktail Crackers in these fun cone bags with a simple ribbon. I made them for all the male teachers and also added them in with the goodies mentioned above. They were a huge hit and everyone requested the recipe. I suppooooose that I could be persuaded to share the recipe if I get enough requests...hint hint.
And I just had to add this little sneak peek of some new Hot Peach Jam lid toppers that I'm working on. I was going to do this for Christmas but they are so so PEACHY KEEN cute that I have to save them for Spring gifts. I have a cute card idea to attach with it so that will be another post. But I wanted you to see one of Karen Lockhart's new images all colored up cute. These PEACHES are adorable!!! Karen captured the perfect essence of a juicy ripe peach and the darling lettuce bowl just finishes them off! I know I will be using this stamp a ton, especially for my Hot Peach Jam jars. The peaches were colored in with Copic markers. I love how by using just a few shades of markers, you can achieve such depth and three dimension. I also used a circle Spellbinder's Die Template to cut out the peach. While it was still in the template, I airbrushed the circle image with a peach colored marker. I love that crisp white edge the die template leaves. The image was then matted on a Groovy Guava scallop cut Spellbinder's Die Template. Groovy Guave ribbon from Stampin' Up! finishes off the jar.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful ideas. I for one would love your recipes. I couldnt access the previous blog entry
Barbara

Anonymous said...

would love to have your recipes, always looking for new things to give as neighbor gifts..which your blog has provided a lot of inspiration for... thanks lisa

Anonymous said...

I love all of your recipes and this one would be no exception! You did an amazing job coloring the peaches! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I'd love the peach jam recipe - it sounds delish! You always find a way to take a simple gift and jazz it up with class - those crackers in cones are so cool! love your creativity.

Katie Cannon said...

Thats such a great idea. I make hot chocolate mix for our neighbors. I will have to try that out for next year.

Anonymous said...

I'd love a recipe siutable for men.
I like to have easy gifts on hand for unexpected guest or to take along to holiday parties.
Diane

Anonymous said...

Those snacks look delectable!! Please post the recipe, hope it's internationally friendly (can't get some things listed in US recipes, and can't figure out suitable alternatives!)

Anonymous said...

I would love the recipe Michelle! Everything you have posted has been a hit. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

love everything you make.......and a recipe would be awesome!

Lori Craig said...

you really do want us to beg, don't you. Yes, I'll take the recipe, please! Cute ideas! Love the peach bowl stamp...I'll be adding that to my next Ellen order!

blduran said...

Of course you need to share that cracker recipe! I look forward to everything you put on your blog. Do share!

Anonymous said...

Oh,Michelle, you are truly amazing! I own the new peach bowl stamp and haven't had an opportunity to use it yet. What a great project! I can't believe how beautifully you colored the peaches! I need a lesson, for sure. And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE share your recipe for the crackers.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Kathy McDonald

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if you would share your recipe.........PLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE!Elizabeth

Happydaymom said...

Thank for the wonderful pictures of your creations. They inspire me and put me in the holiday spirit. The recipe for the crackers would be lovely to have on hand. I remember your post about the hot jam, as I love to make jams. If I remember it is a family recipe. I don't know if you share it, but I would love that recipe as well. I make plum jam every year and then alternate a new jam each year...pineapple/stawberry...peach....and this year pluot!
Merry Christmas and thank you for this blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi-Please email me info on how to get to your recipe on the hot peach jam. Kay -petking@vcn.com

Dawn said...

I too would love to have the recipe, your work is amazing!

Bella Rose Creations said...

Pretty Please! I would love the hot peach jam recipe...we have a peach orchard nearby and after peach cake and smoothies I'm always at a loss of what to do with the Bushel of Peach seconds for $8!!! But of course can't pass up the deal...their seconds are just perfectly ripe, no bruises ever. Merry Christmas!!

Dottie K. said...

Ooohhhh what a yummy gift to receive. Of course we want the recipe, please. Just love the tip section you provide. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas and sharing your inspiration with us. Have a Merry Christmas!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oooooo...please, please, please...share the recipes with us!

Wishing you a merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

I only had a couple minutes to check out my blogsites so I thought, hhhmmmmm, I will check out Mish Mash, well girl you came through again. I SO LOVE YOUR IDEAS! So yea, I'll gladly take your recipe hehehe

Judy in Indiana said...

I would LOVE the pech jam recipe. It seems like the perfect way to warm a winter afternoon. Please, please?

Anonymous said...

You ROCK with all your fun ideas! I wish I were one of your neighbors! LOL!!! Would love for you to share your recipe..and where you get those neat cone bags? Do tell...LOVE LOVE your ideas! Indulged in some white chocolate popcorn today courtesy of Mish! ;) Merry Christmas!! Lisa K

Anonymous said...

I WOULD LOVE THE HOT PEACH JAM RECIPE TO GO ALONG WITH THE FREINDSHIP TEA>>>THAT WOULD BE A GREAT COMBO>>>SORRY I didn't mean to shout! My caps lock key got stuck..please ass along the recipe your are always so good! deidrelm@hotmail.com

Trish Wallace said...

I would LOVE your peach jam recipe...for some reason I couldn't access the link! How about the cracker recipe too? That is a wonderful idea!!

Unknown said...

You have once again succeeded in making me hungry - LOL! These are simply spectacular Mish. Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, MISH! These look amazing, and I'd love your recipe! This is the coolest stamp, and you made it shine!!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Recipes are always welcome. I love the idea of shading the circle while it's still in the template.

Anonymous said...

I'd love the hot peach jam recipe! Love all your ideas & your blog!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and ideas! Please share your recipes. thanks, Karen

Anonymous said...

I love treats that men enjoy. I have several in my family who eat me out of house and home constantly. Please share your cracker recipe!
Diane (Bookmark67@a0l/com)

Related Posts with Thumbnails