May 5, 2008

Simple Flower Stationery

Edit #2: More answers to your questions: I cut my own cards from a 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock, two from each sheet then score....or score once then cut the sheet in half. Most of my card sizes are A2 size or 4.25" x 5.5". This card opens up, it's not a single layer. The ribbon wraps around the front flap of the card, not the entire card. So when you open up the card, you will see a flat piece of the ribbon on the top portion of the inside of the card. Very simple card.

Edit #1: Just to clarify, the ribbon is ONE piece of ribbon. It wraps around the card front and the two ends meet up in the front. Hope that helps!

I'm still on my simple stationery kick. I love the look of Papertrey's polka dot satin ribbon and thought it would be pretty to use instead of my usual strip of patterned paper for an accent piece. So I gathered up my Summer Sunrise color collection of ribbon, card stock and ink and began creating. I also used the PT stamp set called Garden of Life and my Spellbinder's square Nestabilities. To make the the card look professional, I didn't want the ribbon ends to show anywhere. Easy peasy solution. I placed a strip of super sticky double sided tape on the front of the card, as shown on the left side below. I cut a strip of ribbon to fit around my card and stuck the ends of the ribbon to tape. Using this type of tape instead of regular adhesive will help ensure that the ribbon stays put and doesn't pop up.
Then I simply covered the ribbon ends with my main stamped image piece. I stamped the flower with Lemon Tart first then did the *rock and roll* technique with Summer Sunrise. To do this, you simply stamp your image in a lighter color then roll the edges of the stamped image in a slightly darker color. Then you stamp the image. You can see the contrast a little bit better in the finished photo below this one.
For the main image, I cut out and embossed a simple Nestabilities square. I matted the main image on to a scallop cut square. These were adhered to the card fronts with SU! dimensionals. The sentiment at the bottom of the card reads *Friends are the flowers in the garden of life*. That's one of my all time favorite sentiments because I love flowers so much.
Sooo, these will go into packages of cards that I'm assembling for my mom and mother in law for Mother's Day. They know that an assortment of cards comes with every gift they receive. We'll go pick out their traditional Mother's Day flower basket this week. And for Mother's Day, I always ask for flowers too.......but not bouquets, I love to go pick out my own for this year's flower beds. Jordan and I decided that this year's color will be yellow!! Can't wait.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your ideas are always great. I can't believe how smart you are with this ribbon! I can't wait to use this idea... sometimes the simple ones are the best.

Bonnie said...

Another fantastic post! These are beautiful and your mom's will surely love them!!

Charmingdesigns said...

Love the simplicity of these cards! So beautiful. Laurie

Dottie K. said...

These are just darling. I'm going to try some. I just love your ideas. I'm sure your mom and mother-in-law will love them. I always give cards as part of a gift. Who doesn't love a handmade set of cards! Happy Mother's Day! :)

Lee said...

I just LOVE your stationery ideas!!! That ribbon is soooo fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty as always! Love the color!!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! I love all your wonderful ideas! You are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Question: does the ribbon wrap around the inside of the card?
or where does it go? It looks perfect from front view, I am just wondering where to attatch it?

Anonymous said...

Elegant simplicity at its best!

Kelly Booth said...

Beautiful...they will love them!

Stefanie Staniak said...

This card is simply beautiful. I'm sure your Mom's will love it.

ladybug said...

Love all of your ideas, you are soo talented! What size cards do you use and do you buy or make your own?

Ladybug

Niki Estes said...

Love the simple design! What a great gift!

CreativeMish said...

very cute! I have a question on the nestabilities. Which is the best set to start out with? and why? I just can't decide.

Anonymous said...

??? If the ribbon wraps around the card, how does one open it to write a note inside,

Or is this a notecard, not folded,
sorry for this silly question!

love the stationary ideas!
love the product too

Jenn said...

So sunny & sweet, Michelle! Love them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails