November 28, 2008

Stocking Holiday Planners

Hi everyone, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving celebration yesterday! The fun continues today for our family as we head over to Grandma's house for dinner today. Yummy, more juicy turkey, my mom's fabulous cranberry sauce and her wonderful chocolate layered pudding dessert. And the best part is we still have two more days left of our Thanksgiving vacation time, woohoo!!

At this time of year, I always have requests for my Holiday Planners. My quilt teacher requested some and these are two of the ones I created for Trudi. I used the Lockhart Christmas Rose Stocking, a mini alphabet from my LSS and patterned paper/chipboard accents from K and Company. I colored the stocking images with Copic markers in pretty pink and green pastel colors to match the patterned paper. I paper pieced a part of the stocking with some coordinating patterned paper. You may remember that I used this design a while back but the theme was more distressed and vintage. I love that Karen's stamps are SO versatile. A few dressed buttons and chipboard accents finish off the notebooks.
The inside of the notebooks have a pocket on the left side and a patterned piece of paper to finish off the notebook top.
See instructions HERE for how to make the Holiday Planners. Note that I made my pockets straight this time instead of at an angle as the ones in the link.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you do with the Lockhart stamps, makes me want them all!! thanks for sharing Ann lind

Anonymous said...

How absolutely beautiful!! Love the image, colors and DP. TFS

Lisa and Penny said...

Mish--
Can you tell me how you do the raised embossing with the nestabilities? An example is on your Sept 5 post with the rooster card. It is such a deep, crisp embossed line. Thanks!
lisa_keeffe@yahoo.com.

Pauline said...

What a great idea, so pretty too.

Kathleen said...

Pretty, pretty! I love those colors with that stocking!

Kathryn said...

Very pretty -- love the colors!

BTW -- I made that Great Pumpkin Dessert that you had on your website .

WOW -- YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!
Seriously -- I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie, but this was delicious!!!
My hubby can't get enough it -- I think we will be making this recipe again and again.. :)
Thanks!!

Elaine said...

I am just in love with the line and all that you're showing us that you've made with it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome project. That paper is eye popping gorgeous, as is the stocking!! I had to quickly look to see whose paper it was, and it didn't surprise me to see it was K&Co; I'm nuts over their paper too!

CreativeMish said...

Cute. Such pretty papers!

DeeDee said...

GORGEOUS!!!! I love the papers and that stocking stamp!!! Your teacher will love them!!!! I hope you had a wonderful THANKSGIVING with your family!!! HUGS!!!

LeAnne said...

Such gorgeous yummy papers in wonderful colors! I am thinkin' CANDY!
LeAnne

Related Posts with Thumbnails