April 18, 2009

Tea for friends..

Nichole did such a fantastic job with her Tea for Two set. I think when we think of tea, we think comforting thoughts....warm and cozy...visiting with friends. So it's perfect to use Tea for Two for get well, thinking of you and birthday cards for friends and family.

This first card I'm showing you is a get well card using Tea for Two, Background Basics: Spots and Dots, Guidelines patterned paper, Plum Pudding ink and ribbons. This card along with my other creations are in the PTI gallery. These two cards below are new creations that I made which were inspired by my strawberry tea pot and fabrics.
I used Pure Poppy for the teapots and punched them out with oval punches, such an easy and quick way to make a focal image. I layered each oval onto a stitched square of Kraft cardstock and added a sentiment. I compiled this fun sentiment from Heartfelt Basics and the word *tea* which I cut out from a Tea for Two sentiment. Tied Vintage Buttons, some white Saddle Stitched ribbon and some vintage looking ribbon adorn the bottom of the card. Patterned papers are from Cosmo Cricket.
This card below uses the *absolutely fabulous* sentiment from Mega Mixed Messages along with one from Tea for Two. I love to mix and match sentiments. Tied Vintage Buttons finish off the corner of the card.

I'm glad to hear that so many of you love this set! I knew it would be a big hit and Nichole did a fantastic job with it! As always, thank you so, soooooo much for your nice comments! I do love them!!

18 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Just beautiful. I always enjoy seeing what you're creating. Love the stitched panel. This set is on my list to get and hopefully soon. :)

Shannan Teubner said...

These are beautiful! Love the colors!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Mish, awesome projects as always! I always love coming to your blog. It's like visiting with a friend on a lazy afternoon.

Linda P. said...

Love it. Your blog is one of the first ones I visit each morning. You're cards are always just beautiful

Maren said...

What amazing cards! I truly enjoy visiting your blog, looking at your creations, you're a great inspiration!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

I love reading your posts everyday. When you skip a day, I go through withdrawal! LOL I love this set and have never bought PTI products but I am really thinking about buying some when I get some more craft money! Thanks for inspiring!!

Jessica said...

Beautiful cards! I love the strawberry inspired cards with the vintage touches.

Anonymous said...

Coming back to say you have inspired me. I am on a purple kick right now...using the same paper as you did on your teapot card. That paper was unloved for a long time until I saw your cards. Thanks!!

Jana said...

So cute!

Becky said...

This is beautiful, you are so creative, I just love your projects.

MichelleY said...

Terrific tea cards, Mishie!! I love the vintage feel of them.

Cindy said...

I love how you combined the sentiments:) Darling cards.

Anonymous said...

Do you ever make a card that isn't adorable?!?!? Another set of great cards!!

mamajulie said...

To Alicia: Once I bought PTI, I never went back. The quality, variety and thoughtfulness are unequaled. To Mish: Wow! I too had unloved guidelines paper, and never thought of ocmbining with Kraft. You are so creative and inspiring.

paperplay said...

Mish, I browse so many blogs but yours just takes the cake. I love all your cards, your simple yet colorful style. I look forward to checking your blog everyday to see your wonderful creations. Thanks so much for sharing.

bumblesnbees said...

Love, love, love these cards!! They look so pretty!!!~Romaine

Debbi said...

Oh my WORD!! That purple teapot card caught my eye and I can't stop looking! SO CUTE Mishie!!

Renee said...

So so stinkin cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails