March 10, 2010

Trendy Tabs

Hi there. Welcome to a stop on the Papertrey Group Post. This month we're showcasing Pine's new Mini Scrapbook Series: Tabs stamp set. The possibilities for this set are simply endless. You can use them for mini scrapbook albums, the lined notepads, file card dividers, cards and more!

Today I'm using the tabs to create an idea mini sketch book. I saw a version of this in an Ali Edwards book and knew it would be something right up my alley (or Ali if you prefer). My book is so simple to make and is a nice size to stash in my tote bag or to keep at my desk.
The front cover is cut from a half sheet of cardstock and scored in the middle. The inside pages are a combination of printer paper and grid line paper. I used about 10 half sheets of paper for my sketch book, alternating plain paper then grid paper. This way I can have the gridlines for sketches or notes and the plain paper for doodles, etc. The finished size of the sketch book is 4.25" x 5.5".
Once I had all my papers cut in half, I carefully stacked them together and sewed down the middle of the album with my sewing machine. This makes a great binding and keeps the pages nice and secure.
For my sketch book cover, I used Pine's new Fillable Frames #2 die and matching stamp set, stamped on paper from Pretty Pastels. The hand image and sentiment is from Take Note. Aren't those images perfect for a sketch book? The word *ideas* was stamped from the new Outline Alphabet stamp set coming out this month. The little pencil image is also from Take Note.
The background image on Kraft is one from the new Background Basics: Botanical set being released this month by Melissa Bickford. And the adorable tabs with the words *sketches*, *ideas* and *shopping list* are from the Mini Scrapbook Series: Tabs set. So neat, I can't wait to play around with some mini albums using the tabs.
To keep my sketch book closed, I added a rubber band around the outside. And do you notice a new color on my project? Yep, that's the new Hawaiian Shores ribbon and cardstock. I love. You will love too. And be sure to check Nichole's blog for more sneak peeks at all the new products this month.
The rest of the Papertrey gang has been busy too so be sure to check out their projects here:

Heather Nichols
Lisa Johnson
Betsy Veldman
Debbie Olson
Dawn McVey
Kim Hughes
Niki Estes
Melissa Phillips
Erin Lincoln
Maile Belles

18 comments:

Eveline said...

Your idea note book looks good. I love the new PTI color.
Eveline.

Sharon said...

I love this idea, thanks so much for sharing. You are so creative. Love visiting your blog. hugs Sharon

Diane said...

Very nice...great idea to sew down the spine...gee who would of thought of that...glad you did!!!!

Country Mouse said...

Love it, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! It's perfect for throwing in your purse and you could make a bunch to fit different themes. Lovely!

jan metcalf said...

I like the browns and how used the background stamp!

Jeanette Rodriguez-DeLeon said...

Hi Mish Mash...love your project but I just wanted to let you know that I love your new picture!! You look great!

Take Care and have a blessed day!!
Jeanette

scrapfancy said...

Great idea book. LOVE your new picture....

Elizabeth S. said...

This is a perfect little notebook to carry with you so you can jot something down that might inspire you. Thanks for sharing. I am loving all of the new products.

Melissa Rodgers said...

How fun!!! I love your work and all the PTI products. Thanks so much for sharing your talents.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Loooove this idea, Mish!

Karen said...

What a great project. I love those colors together.

Sue in Grapevine said...

Cute project, but mostly commenting to say I love your new picture.

Tami McBeain said...

Love your little book and your great tip for binding! You're so smart! :)

Alyssa B said...

WHAT a pretty new DP pic!

Debbie Olson said...

I love the idea of the gridded paper and the *sewn* binding--perfect, Mish!

Unknown said...

I love this book, time to pull out the sewing machine.

BeverlyBL said...

What cute ideas you have. Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails