September 12, 2010

Calendar Basics

I can't wait for you see all the fun project that the Design Team makes with Papertrey's new Calendar Basics stamp set, die and pre-printed blank calendars. I will be blog hopping right along with you all! For my calendar project, I chose to use the 8.5" x 11" pre-printed blank calendar pages to create a fun calendar that can rest in plate or framed photo stand.

To keep my calendar simple and uniform looking, I created a very easy design for each monthly calendar page. I first stitched around each sturdy white blank page. Next I used Kraft cardstock to create a blank rectangle in the open space of the calendar pages. I also punched out label shapes (from a Stampin' Up! punch) and stamped the month and year for each of the 12 months. I went ahead and adhered all the Kraft elements to my calendar pages. I'm ahead of the game already!
For my first calendar month of January 2001, I added some cheery, punched Papertrey patterned papers, a die cut flower tied with a Vintage Button and Rustic Cream Twine and a ric rac cut piece of felt. All from Papertrey. For my personal office calendar, I like to keep one that is totally blank and free from writing. That way I just have a decorative calendar to look at when I need to check dates for assignments, blog posts, etc.
Here is my first finished month for January 2011. All of the other calendar pages for the remaining 2011 months are tucked behind my January calendar page and are held together with Small Clothespins covered with cork paper.
Nichole also assigned the Design Team with the challenge of making a card using the Calendar Basics stamp set. I used elements from Dawn's fun It's Official paper pack to keep in theme with my calendar for my office.
By using one of the memo notes and a few sentiments from Calendar Basics, I created a fun card that could easily be duplicated for birthday, anniversaries, etc. By using the dates and months from the Calendar Basics stamp set, you can really personalize a card with those special dates. The felt and paper flowers are made with Beautiful Blooms II #3 Dies and are tied up with Vintage Buttons and Rustic Cream Twine. A strip of cork paper was used on the card too.
And just for fun, I'm going to incorporate my 2011 calendar into some challenges and inspiration ideas for you. Each month next year, I will be showing you my calendar pages in advance so that you can get ideas, join in on a fun challenge or recreate my pages for your own personal use. Each and every month, I will be inspired by my calendar and will have a fun idea to try. Hope you join in on the fun!
Thanks for stopping by and please take a look at the other designers' fabulous creations at their blog links below:

10 comments:

Laura Isham said...

LOVE this project and the idea of your upcoming monthly challenges! Can't wait to see more!

Eveline said...

Great calendar and card.
Eveline.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love your calendar!

Tami McBeain said...

Love your calendar Mish and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Niki Estes said...

Great calendar, Mish! I love the colors and felt accents!

StephH said...

These large calendar pages are going to be a great addition to creative possibilities. Beautiful project Michelle!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Just LOVE your calendar page and how you have put it together. Excellent card idea too. Looking forward to the monthly challenges come 2011.

Geny said...

So super cute Mish! Love the simple clean design!

Janelle said...

You've certainly got me looking forward to 2011 now!

Pamm said...

Love, love, love the calendar! Where did you get that fabulous holder????

Related Posts with Thumbnails