February 17, 2011

thank you card with label wrapper

Hey everyone. Back today with one of my favorite projects from this month's Papertrey release. This card features Fillable Frames Additions 1 + Flower Fusion 1 and coordinating flower die.
For the focal point, I die cut the label die from the Jillibean patterned paper. I placed some ledger paper under that opening and then stamped the label image. Stamped and die cut flowers rest on top of the label image. A fun little application to try with your dies. Ink colors are Summer Sun and Ripe Avocado.
For the Kraft envelope I used one of my Label Wrappers and stamped it with a flower from the Flower Fusion 1 stamp set. Once my card is tucked into the envelope, you simply peel off the backing of the Label Wrap and wrap it around the card. I rounded the corners too. This is the front of my card where I'll write the recipient's address.
The Label Wrapper wraps around to the back side of the envelope. Here I've stamped a big sentiment from Think Big Favorites 1. A fun way to dress up envelopes.
Hope you're having a great week. The weather has been so nice and sunny....lots of kids sporting shorts today for school. :) Definitely has me thinking of my beloved flip flops.

4 comments:

Eveline said...

Hi Michelle, lovely card, I like that label wrapper.
Here the weather is fine too, lots of sun, no high temperatures yet but it looks like spring outside.
I'm baking chocolate chip cookies with my daughter, the whole house smells heavenly.
Eveline.

Ruth S said...

Gorgeous card - lovely and fresh and springtimey!!
Thanks for the die-cutting inspiration ;) Gotta try it!

Margi Mae said...

BEE U T FUL! I have always wondered this, so I thought I would just ask....do you attach the ends of your ribbons to the card in some way or is it wrapped completely around the card, but then you couldn't open it...?? Things that make you go hmmmm. I usually just tie the bow and stick in on with glue dots, but I love the look of it wrapped around the card.

Karen said...

What a pretty Spring card. I am oh so ready for Spring. The envelope wrap is like the frosting on the cake. Perfect.

Related Posts with Thumbnails