August 3, 2011

Road Trip Album...our destination + 4

(photo from Bliss blog here via Pinterest)

Hey there, today I'm sharing more from my Road Trip Mini Album. One of the first pages of my mini album will be a destinations page. I stamped a small piece of patterned paper with sentiments from Ali Edwards stamps from Technique Tuesday. On this page I'll probably put a few sentences together about how excited we are to take another family vacation together + I'll add a small Instax photo of our family just before we pile into the SUV on the first day of our road trip.
The little tag that says *Us 4* was made from my White Tags along with mini stamps from Hero Arts + a kraft chipboard #4 + machine stitching. Now I know the grammar police might say I need to say *we 4*....but I liked it better as *us 4*......like "just us 4".

I also found a vintage postcard of Mt. Rushmore which I was just thrilled about. I used a punched circle accent from the kit and stamped on *Mt. Rushmore or Bust*. On the back of the postcard I think I'll add a little history about Mt. Rushmore. Always good to read up on the history of the places you're road tripping to. Tip: Sometimes it's hard to get a good shot of landmark sites....purchase postcards and add them right into your mini albums. The photos are beautiful and you can add journaling and photos to the back. I love them!
Throughout my road trip album, I want to use the number 4 which represents the number of people in my family. Here I've taken a large metal rim tag and die cut the number 4 from it using the By the Numbers dies. I layered this onto a piece of paper and added some lettering with my Hero Arts mini stamps. I will use the positive #4 on a different page in my travel album. I also punched some ledger paper and stamped on the #4 from Get To The Point along with die cutting some old maps with the Angled Labels Die Collection dies. I'll be having more metal rimmed tags in my Etsy shop soon.
I also thought these Three People stamps from Hero Arts would be fun to use on Becky Higgins' journaling cards from Project Life. I stamped them with Smoky Shadow ink from PTI and then added our names using the large(Printer's Type Alphabet) and small(Printer's Type Lowercase Alphabet) alphabet sets from Hero Arts. I love these little alphas and will be using them lots in my mini albums for journaling.
Next up I revved up the old, vintage typewriter. Have I told you how much I love vintage typewriters?
I picked out several paper pieces + a tag from the kit and typed *my favorite thing today was:*. Each of us will take a turn to write our favorite thing about a day of our road trip. If you zoom in closer, you'll see that I added ribbon from the kit with tiny staples + machine stitching, regular machine stitching to underline the phrase and Washi tape. Great little journaling pieces that I know I will love because the album will have a bit of each of our handwriting.
That wraps up today's little peek into my Road Trip Album. Stay tuned because I'll blogging more Road Trip posts the rest of the week. I've got them all scheduled and you're going to love them! Loads of information for your road trip inspiration.

On the side: Thanks to all you wonderful folks who ordered Jordan's House on the Hill artwork pieces, she is $30 shy of earning enough money for an iPad 2. We're road tripping to the city to buy one before our big trip! She is wayyyyyy beyond excited and so am I!! I'm helping her with the remaining amount she needs + I'll throw in a case and some screen protectors for an early birthday present.

Did you know: Josey informed me while sitting at the tire place the other day that MOM stood for "Made Of Money". I did not know that. Now I do. I guess to her, it's probably true.

Good vibes for a road trip: You can Google search road trip songs and a big list pops up + Pandora has it's own section for Road Trips. We will be jammin' our entire road trip.

Okay, check back tomorrow for another road trip post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love road trips & you sound just about ready to burst with excitement waiting for yours... Enjoy the journey and safe travels!

Jo R.

Dianne said...

How fun is your road trip album!!! When my kids were little (20+ years ago), I used to do the same thing - get a road map, and mark our destinations along the way, put together little notebooks with pockets and cards for them to write down their fun stuff - of course, we didn't have such cute things back then! Have a wonderful family trip! I envy you!

Stacy W. said...

LOVE your road trip book. Makes me wish we had gone somewhere this summer so I could make one...next year, right ;) I hope you and your family have safe travels and fun on your vacation. I hope you enjoy my state :) As a kid, well all the way through college, my family would take a summer vacation every year. We would always bring along the movie National Lampoon's Vacation to watch...back when VCR's were the thing ;)Have a great trip and I hope to see some pic's of your vacation in your albumn

Anonymous said...

I would suggest you check with the store before driving since many don't keep them in stock due to the high demand. I would hate for your daughter to go thru all the trouble and then not be able to get one. Call a few days and the same day.
Clara

Diana F. said...

Great inspiration and ideas. Have a fun and safe trip!
Glad she is getting her iPad, very exciting.

Unknown said...

how fun is this?!! I am taking a bit of a road trip next month and can't wait to create something similar!

Thanks for the inspiration.

Related Posts with Thumbnails