November 15, 2011

Holiday Journal/December Daily 2011 (Days 15-31)

Back today with the second half of my Holiday Journal pages. You can view days 1-14 in this post.

Day 15...I'll be using a Russel & Hazel sticky note that has 15 numbered lines for some sort of list. I've also added a large coin envelope with a Papertrey holiday sentiment. The scalloped piece of stationery is from the office supply store.
Day 16....misted envelope with chipboard letter + the #16 number from Elle's Studio. Candy cane striped paper is from Ali Edward's Studio Calico December Daily kit.
Day 17....graph paper, index card, large tag from my Etsy shop and index card divider.
Day 18....one of my favorite embellishments from my Holiday Journal kit, the snowflake garland. Made from snowflake punches then stitched with my sewing machine.
Day 19...back side of a misted envelope with 2 pieces from Elle's Studio.
Day 20.....a stitched pocket made from a large notebook sack from my shop.
Day 21....Elle's Studio journaling card + number.
Day 22......big space for journaling + a wooden button.
Day 23....Jenni Bowlin plastic flowers + patterned paper. I had a hard finding any adhesive that would hold down the cute flowers so I ended up stitching right over them.
Day 24...I ended up leaving two full sections for Christmas Eve as there will likely be a few extra photos for this day. More candy cane striped paper + a stamped ticket.
Day 24, cont......chicken wire overlay from the Studio Calico kit + the cute Crate paper with the night before Christmas poem. Chipboard Santa is temporarily clipped to paper.
Day 25...again, I'm using 2 full spreads for Christmas Day. Hambly overlay, Elle's Studio tag, velvet ric rac.
Day 25, cont....Jenni Bowlin image, Kraft pinked sticker on index card.
Day 26....another plastic Jenni Bowlin flower, ledger paper with patterned paper scrap.
Day 27....an extra snowflake garland, stationery piece + chipboard numbers.
Day 28....index card divider + name badge stickers from my kit. I'll probably run those through my vintage typewriter for journaling. Perhaps an Instax mini photo on one or the back side of the index divider card.
Day 29....layered Elle's Studio pieces with a glittered, wooden snowflake from my shop. Stamped index card with calendar and Hambly chicken wire overlay. For the clear pieces, I'll most likely adhere two of the same size pieces back to back....like (2) 4 x 4 photos.
Day 30....journaling piece from Elle's Studio with number tag.
Day 31...embellished index card from my kit, another stationery piece with tickets and strip of candy cane striped paper stitched on.
And that's it. 31 days just waiting to be filled with our holiday happenings. You can read more about how I plan to approach my Holiday Journal in my previous Holiday Journal post. I'm thinking I'll put sticky notes of what photos I want to use and will print them in batches if I decide to use the PostalPix app on my iPhone. I'm hoping to get the journaling done day by day using my vintage typewriter or my handwriting.

Note: Don't worry if you complete your base pages of your journal and you think it looks rather plain. The pages will come to life when you add your photos, journaling and final embellishments.

Holiday Journal updates:
I'm planning on doing a few more posts...one that shows my assembled basket of embellishments that I will have handy to finish up the Holiday Journal pages....and another that will show what I end up doing with my covers (most likely, it will be patterned paper over chipboard). I'll be keeping my journal very simple because I don't want this to be overly time consuming during the holiday season. I've done the bulk of the work, now it's just about filling in the photos + the stories. For now I'm going to put my Holiday Journal aside and focus on the Thanksgiving holiday.

Journal Inspiration:
Looking for even more inspiration for your journals? I've spent quite a bit of time pinning some great journals on my Just Journals Pinterest board. Be prepared to get sucked in. :) I'm going to borrow Jordan's iPad sometime and spend an afternoon by the fire just browsing those wonderful ideas.

My printers:
My new printer is an Epson Artisan 730. I purchased it right from the Epson shop online because at the time of ordering there was an instant rebate that made it cheaper than Amazon. I haven't actually tried printing photos yet but I will give a review when I start my printing. I also use my Canon Selphy printer to print 4 x 6 photos. I will continue to use this little printer to print off a few photos here and there. The quality is great, however it prints a little dark. So if you think about it while taking photos you know you want to print with the Selphy, lighten up the exposure a bit on your camera. For my iPhone photos, I am using the PostalPix app to print photos. Decent quality and about 5 days for delivery.

On the Homefront:
Getting my kitchen ready for some jelly making. My mom wants to make some jalapeno jelly for Christmas gifts. Plus we sat and visited the other night about activities she can do to occupy her time. She has lots of friends that have illnesses...the unfortunate part about growing older....so we've decided to do some meal planning and Mom will deliver the meals to friends. I'm going to surprise her with a basket of get well/thinking of you type cards to go along with the meals. And.....does anyone have a puppy that needs a playmate? Charlie LOVES to play with other dogs, he needs some friends. Right now, he's pretty much using the cats as chew toys but they don't seem to mind too much.

Coming soon:
I've been working hard on catching up on my Project Life pages so look for more of those updates soon. Thank you so much for all your nice comments about making the Project Life team. I'm very excited so many of you taking the plunge for 2012!

10 comments:

caroline hancock / Scrappercaz said...

I love it, it is looking awesome

Kristin said...

Thanks for the inspiration and a close look at your Dec daily journal. I "talked" my friend into doing one with me (first time for both!!) so using the small YourStory I already did the binding for both hers and mine. Mine is Basic Grey Nordic papers (6x6 pad) and it looks so good! I've got a little bucket that I'm filling with all sorts of embellies and am using our thanksgiving break to do what you have done. Can't wait to have a great little album for the kiddos!

jaymack said...

What is Jalapeno Jelly? Are you going to post the recipe? I can't seem to get enough jalapenos lately.
P.S. I did miss you on the last PTI release.

Bobbie Lynn said...

What a fun looking mini to do. Thanks for sharing. Also, I love the pages that you are doing with your "Project Life" album. It is a really neat album and I'm think I may want to give it try.

jessica - craftychicgirl said...

love looking at the beginnings of your december daily! i've never made one but am going to attempt it this year... thinking i'll get the foundation of it going during thanksgiving's long weekend...

Susan said...

I haven't commented before, but I follow you daily. Just have to say, I am continally amazed at your creativity. Thanks for your blog so I can "borrow" a little bit of it!

Jen Book said...

Congratulations on being part of the Project Life Team - I follow your blog regularly and am so excited for you!! I have been participating in Project Life this year for the first time. I was really behind - I had been taking pictures but hadn't had them printed and hadn't been keeping up with the journalling. I am proud to say that I have all my pictures printed to date and inserted in my album & am slowly catching up on the journalling. I love project Life!! Any chance you will share your jalepeno jelly receipe? This is something I would love to try making!! Thanks Mish for all your inspiration

pnkgeeni said...

Your journal looks wonderful!

Donna K said...

you're such an amazing crafter. you make it sound so easy and any little bit of something that you throw on a page or card looks perfect. I love reading your blog and always get inspired. thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a french scrapbooker and I read you everyday, but I'm intimidated. I LOVE so much what you do. I just have given you a "blog award" here:http://www.graines-de-scrap.com/2011/11/un-award.html
I'm going to do my own DD and I've choosen Crate Paper too! It's a beautiful line.

Related Posts with Thumbnails