May 29, 2012

A card for Lila...

Good morning all. Today there is a lot of love being shared for an amazing friend in our craft industry. Jennifer McGuire with Hero Arts recently brought sweet Lila Grace into the world. She is just adorable and I'm so happy to see Jenn and her sweet family add another wonderful person to the world. Many of Jenn's friends are sharing some card love over at Jana Millen's bog today. Check out this link for links to more sweet cards for Lila. If you'd like to join in on on congratulating Jenn, feel free to create your own card and add it to the link list. Jana will be collecting cards at her home address if you'd like to send your card to Jenn.

Here's my card for Jenn. I knew right away I wanted to use some favorite new papers from Crate Paper's Pretty Party 6 x 6 Paper Pad. The little girl images are so sweet, I just want to use them every chance I get.
I sifted through my stash and found some other little tidbits to add to the card front. I sanded down a chipboard bow from (I believe) the Dear Lizzy collection. The wood stars are from Studio Calico & oh how I love the teeny tiny ones. The sunshine sentiment stamp is from Ali Edwards' Bring On The Sun stamp set from Technique Tuesday. The alphabet set is from Studio Calico (not available right now). Under the chipboard bow I added a messy little nest of thread. I'll be doing a mini tutorial on that here on the blog soon. :)
For the inside of the card I added strip of the pink striped paper + 3 kinds of Washi tape. I added another Ali Edward sentiment in brown ink. The envelope has more of the Washi tape too.
Thanks for stopping by today, hope you enjoy!

11 comments:

Jana said...

Oh my goodness Mish! This is amazing!

Sandi said...

Adorable! Love how you pulled all of these great goodies on one card! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

So sweet, Mish! The perfect blend of papers and details!

Libby Hickson said...

Such a sweet and pretty card for Lila, love it!

Nichol Magouirk said...

Mish! This is FABULOUS! WOW! Love everything about it!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Pretty card, Michelle!

Maureen Morton said...

So darn cute and girlie! Love the details.

Shari Carroll said...

This is so beautiful!!! You have inspired me to do more on the inside of my cards. Thanks!!!

donna mikasa said...

so very sweet!

Jill Norwood said...

Mish your card for Lila is so lovely! You always amaze me! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

when i saw you made a card for this, i smiled. and so did my heart. thank you, my dear! it is so gorgeous - so soft and perfectly lovely!

Related Posts with Thumbnails