October 8, 2012

Project Life 2012, Week 29...

I'm back today to share Week 29 of my Project Life.  You can visit Becky's blog today too where she'll be sharing links to some of the Project Life Creative Teams' projects.  This week was so full of fun, Summer photos and....the color red! I had a ton of photos to use so I just made room for them by squeezing them into the 4 x 6 slots as well as the 3 x 4 slots.  
When using lots of photos like I do in my weekly spreads, it's a must that I sketch out my layout in advance.  I sit down with my calendar, my Project Life notebook to sketch the layout and my iPhone or regular camera with my photos.  I just plan the layout til everything fits.  Here's the left side of my week.  
Here's the right side of my spread.  Although my week is busy with photos I was still able to use my crafty supplies to embellish the inserts.  
I know this week will be a fun one to look back on.  There are some favorite photos tucked in here, like this one of Jordan and her three best friends.  No makeup, hair all a mess and just having fun in the buggy.  Love these sweet and silly girls.  
Just some fun around the house in these photos. The girls were seeing how long their legs were and Jordan decides to bake something right in the middle of my salsa canning.  Perfect timing, Jordo.  
A favorite insert.  I like to pick on insert if there's room and get really scrappy with it.  This was the one.  I used a folded Project Life journaling card for the base then added Washi tape, October Afternoon stickers and some stitching.  I added these photos particularly so that I could look back to them next year when it comes time to make salsa.  I can see how I went about making my new recipe.  
Love this simple photo.  Remember.....the photos are what it's all about.  My shiny new jars of salsa don't need any furthering embellishing other than a little starburst sticker with journaling.  
I used some new foodie stamps from Studio Calico for these two photos below.  My favorite drink and a fun new mason jar cozy I purchased from a local shop.  Love to support the local folks when possible.  
A new/old quilt noted with a typed October Afternoon label.  
Another photo of my salsa jars + my Week in Review card using a Project Life journaling card.  
These are some photos I added to journaling cards I made a while back.  So nice to just pluck a few from the basket.
Here I used a Project Life journaling card on the left and a card I made on the right.  Love using my stamps on my inserts lately. No bulk to add to my expanding album. 
And my last two inserts.  Simple photos with just a little stamping and typed journaling.  
And that's it for this week.  How are you coming along with your Project Life?  I've kept up with my goal to finish 2 weeks each week until November.  I really want to be caught up so that I can focus on my December Daily. It's taking a lot of effort in the planning the pages, emailing photos, and printing photos before I even get it all to my scrap table.  But it's going to be so worth it.  Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

libbywilko said...

It looks great Michelle, love those salsa photos :) thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

Wow! It has been a while since I visited your blog and boy have I missed it!! Your PL pages are so beautiful! It used to frustrate me to see them , I admit, they are so full and interesting and mine seemed so boring. But now that I am pre planning my layouts (I do them digi) they are so much better and I am having a lot more fun!! I was wondering if you ever do other layouts or just PL? I do both and mix them together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails