April 7, 2014

Layered cards... using Gossamer Blue March Kits

Today I'm sharing a set of cards I made using items from the Gossamer Blue March Kits.  I'll be sharing my April projects all throughout the month. 
There were so many fun papers and embellishments, perfect for creating lots of pretty layers with gold accents.
I loved this little set of die cuts, the photo corners, wood dots, gold shimmer tape and especially the wood grain roll of tape.
I die cut my wood tape using a metal die and my Cuttlebug.  It cut through it really easily.
Each layered accent has a bundle of messy string and a snippet of ribbon.
Very dimensional and full of detail...these will most likely be hand delivered in a flat sack or mailed in a bubble mailer.
Tip:  I like to stitch and adhere all of the layers to the patterned paper that will be adhered to the main card base. This way I can hide all of my stitching and work on the layers a little at a time.
Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

alexandrea at two-forty-six said...

These are so gorgeous! You did an amazing job. I love the stitching too. I always like the look of stitching on paper products but I can't convince myself to drag out my sewing machine for those details. Lol.

Yvonne said...

What a fun group of cards. I enjoy your blog so much. The tip about stitching before adding to the card base was something that I wouldn't have thought of. Great ideas! Great cards!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

these are darling cards and you sew!!!
tine to take out my sewing machine and get some craftiness going!!!
tfs:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails